Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email

Pittsburgh Launches Fund for Childcare Providers

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
Briana Palma

Briana Palma

Director of Content & Community
Briana Palma

Briana Palma

Director of Content & Community

The city of Pittsburgh has created a new fund to support local child care providers, including FCCs. The Childcare Reinvestment Business Fund (CRiB) covers costs for both new providers starting out and existing providers who are bouncing back from the pandemic.

How Much You Can Get and What It Covers

Through CRiB, you can get $5,000 to $20,000 in funding. An additional $5,000 is available if you take part in free business courses through Chatham University.

The funds can be used for lots of different business expenses, including:

  • Home renovations 
  • Supplies to run your business like toys, cleaning materials, and software
  • Wages for your employees
  • Scholarships for families in need
  • Certification, licensing, and application fees

The funds come in the form of a forgivable 0% interest loan, which means that if you apply for loan forgiveness within three years, you won’t have to pay any of the money back. 

You are on the hook for a portion of your expenses, though—CRiB covers up to 90% of business expenses, so you’re required to pay the remaining 10% out of pocket.

funding for home daycare providers
CRiB is a new program from the city of Pittsburgh that supports new and existing childcare providers with funding and training opportunities. Photo by Micheile Henderson/Unsplash.

How to Apply for CRiB

InvestPGH, a Pittsburgh nonprofit, is administering the loans. You’ll need to fill out an application and submit the below documents, plus a $50 application fee:

  • Resume or bio
  • Last three years of personal tax returns
  • Last three years of business tax returns (if separate from personal tax returns)
  • A copy of your company’s organizational documents, where applicable (i.e. Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Partnership Agreement, Fictitious Name Documents, 501c3 Certification)
  • A certificate of subsistence (good standing) from the state of PA. Order one here.
  • Business financial statements, such as balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement 

You can find more information about CRiB and apply on the Invest PGH website

About NeighborSchools

Family Child Care (FCC) Providers come to NeighborSchools to join our community, earn more money for the hard work they do, and get dedicated support and discounts. Providers on NeighborSchools earn more because of our “MagicMatch” technology and our partnerships with big companies that refer their employees to NeighborSchools for high-quality child care. We are the first and only full-service platform that is 100% committed to helping FCC Providers thrive. Right now, thousands of parents are looking for the right Provider on NeighborSchools. Click here to see how many are in your neighborhood.

 

Briana Palma

Briana Palma

Director of Content & Community