COVID-19 Info for Parents
Frequently asked questions about COVID-19’s impact on our daycares.
June 9, 2020 – Updated Reopening Guidelines
June 3, 2020 – Initial Guidelines For Reopening
After months of being home, we’re happy to share important updates for how daycares will reopen in MA. Below are updates on timing, safety measures, and what’s changing for parents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Home daycares can apply to reopen starting the week of June 15th. But the state needs to approve each application, which could take time. We realistically expect most daycares to reopen by the end of June.
Drop-off health checks
- When you arrive at daycare, you’ll answer questions about the health of your household and be inspected for visual symptoms.
Safe, socially distant play
- Kiddos will be kept six feet apart as much as possible.
- There will be lots of regularly scheduled hand washing, and cleaning of toys and supplies.
- Activities like meals and story time will be a bit more spread out.
- You will no longer be allowed to enter the daycare – essential adults only.
- Whenever you can, pack snacks and meals for your child.
- You’ll let your provider know if it’s okay to use hand sanitizer with your child.
- Masks are not required
At Home Activities
Take a deep breath, here are 3 mindfulness activities to do with your little one.